Tracker

Monday, April 11, 2011

Starting out....

This is not the first blog I've ever done. I have done several blogs where I have petered out which is why I am setting a short term goal of making this a 16 week blog with the sole purpose of tracking my personal journey to health. Thanks for joining me...I hope you find my story and the information I share here encouraging and inspirational.

A little about me. I am a 41 year old overweight mother of three. I am not morbidly obese but I am uncomfortable and I intend to shed weight until I get to that 'comfortable' state again. I won't say exactly how much I want to lose because, as my trainer told me today, what your goal weight and your comfortable weight are maybe two different things so I am setting only short term, attainable goals to get started.

My starting weight is 170lbs, I am 5'3". My BMI today is 30.1
For my height my ideal BMI is between 18-24
My IDEAL weight is 135, but again, if I'm lifting weights as much as I intend that weight will probably be closer to 140ish.

Here are some of my mini goals for Week 1:
Drink 6-8 glasses of water
Incorporate more fruits and veggies
Move at least 30 mins EVERY day

That will do it for this week.

Besides this blog, I'm also using www.sparkpeople.com to track my progress. If you'd like to join me, you can 'friend' me there. My i.d. is 'onebusymommyof3'

On your mark, get set....GO!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for starting this blog!! See what happens when I'm away from the computer for a few days?? - A

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should be Sparkbuddies! I'm ruralmama on there! W00t!

    ReplyDelete