Tracker

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

From Emotional Eater to Emotional Exerciser

Today I discarded my old moniker of 'Emotional Eater' and have declared myself an 'Emotional Exerciser'. As much as is possible I will strive to funnel that emotional energy (usually negative) which drives me to make unhealthy eating decisions choosing to exercise instead to release the endorphins which will ultimately improve my emotional outlook.

I am on a journey away from relying on food as a means of emotional comfort towards relying on food for sustenance and energy. For powering my body and not undermining my health.

Won't you join me on my journey?

Here's the healthy living!

2 comments:

  1. That is really inspiring, lady! I too need to shed the Emotional Eater moniker. It's so destructive and even though I KNOW that, it's still easy to slip into. Especially when I'm angry, it's like a punishment!

    Just lovely, I'm going to try your new way as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! It's funny how we get slip into an entitlement mentality thinking 'For this suffering I deserve this (enter evil food here)' Self control in the face of eating cycles is a huge character builder. It's one of the most effective outward models we can show our children. If you eat with an unhealthy mindset, stuffing our faces as we stuff our emotions, our children will ultimately see and ultimately mimic the patterns themselves.

    ReplyDelete